To enter, create a one-of-a-kind Lip Sync video that is 90 seconds or less using your smartphone, computer, tablet or video camera. Video must feature only one person.
Winners will go on to perform live at the Hard Rock Café on April 20,
Winner Selections will be determined in Stages:
Stage One – The public will vote online at lipsyncplus.com for the top four finalists who will advance to perform at LipSync Plus Live. Voting will take place from 12:00 AM CST on March 20,
Stage Two - A panel of judges will select one Community Winner and one Celebrity Winner at LipSync Plus Live event on April 20, 2017.
Stage Three - One Grand Champion will be selected by the judges based on a head to head performance of the two category winners. Judging will be based on creativity, song
Entries may be submitted between 12:00 AM CST February 20,
Voting will take place from 12:00 AM CST on March 20,
LipSync Plus Live at the Hard Rock Cafe Memphis April 20, 2017 @ 7:00 to 10:00 PM
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: LipSync Plus (the “Contest”) is free to enter and open to anyone who is 21 years of age or older and has attained the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry. This contest is only open to individual entries; entries by or featuring teams are prohibited. Employees of Memphis Light, Gas and Water (MLGW); Metropolitan Inter-Faith Association (MIFA); Hard Rock Cafe Memphis; Memphis Comedy Festival; WMC Action News 5; Allegiant; Top Notch Security Inc (“Sponsors”) are not eligible to participate or win the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify your eligibility and to disqualify you if you are found to be in violation of these eligibility requirements.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules (“Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether or not you receive a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Rules. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted between February 20, 2017 12:00:01 AM Central Standard Time [CST] to March 19, 2017 11:59:59 PM CST. Four finalists will be chosen from eligible entries through online public voting during the period defined below. Online Public Voting (according to the rules described in Paragraph 11) will take place between March 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and March 31, 2017 11:59 PM CST. The Online Voting will select four finalists who will advance to the final LipSync event which will take place on April 20, 2017 at the Hard Rock Cafe in Memphis, Tennessee. The four finalists will be announced April 1, 2017 at 12:00 pm CST as described in Paragraph 9.
4. How to Enter: To enter, entrant must create a one-of-a-kind entry lip sync video that is 90 seconds or less using their smartphone, computer, tablet or video camera. Video must feature only one person. To submit the video for judging an entrant must visit www.lipsyncplus.com (the “Site”) to enter the contest and upload their lip sync video as instructed on the Site during the Contest Period. The video can be up to 90 seconds in length. Video file must be less than 500 MB when uploaded. All entry information and Videos shall be referred to herein each as a “Submission” and collectively as the “Submissions.” In order to be eligible, each Submission must satisfy the submission guidelines (“Submission Guidelines”) and contest requirements, as set forth herein. Entries that do not include all the required information and adhere to the Rules will be considered void. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete Submissions. Sponsor shall determine in its sole discretion if a Submission meets the Contest Requirements and otherwise complies with the Rules. Entrants can email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
5. Terms of Submission: Limit one (1) Submission per person. You may not edit your Submission at any time after it has been submitted. Entries containing profanity or distasteful language will not be accepted. By participating in the Contest you permit public display of your entry materials and public voting in connection with your Submission.
6. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest, you agree that you will not now nor in the future be paid for your Submission or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Rules.
7. Submission Guidelines: Your Submission may not contain, any content that, in its sole discretion of Sponsors:
- Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity of any kind, including wearing of swimwear or undergarments;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about the Sponsors, or its products or other people, products or companies;
- Contains trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or phraseology) owned by any entity;
- Advertises or promotes any brand;
- Contains any personal identification, such as personal names, street or email addresses, or phone numbers;
- Violates or encourages the violation of any law, rule or regulation;
- Promotes any particular political party, agenda or message; and/or
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill with which the Sponsor wishes to associate.
Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any Submissions that it deems to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste or not in compliance with the Submission Guidelines, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
8. Prizes: Four (4) Finalists will be chosen to perform a minimum of One (1) song, different from the one they performed in the online competition, up to two (2) minutes at the Hard Rock Cafe on April 20, 2017 (the “Event”) in a preliminary round in two brackets with three contestants. The winners of each preliminary bracket will advance to the Community Championship Round.
9. Winner(s): Four (4) Finalists will be selected on or about April 1,
10. Prize Redemption: A prize is personal to the Winner and is non-transferable. Each Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with receipt of the prize.
11. Selection: The selection process will take place in three stages as follows:
Online Public Voting, at LipSyncPlus.com for the top four finalists who will advance to the
Use of personal social media accounts,
1. Multiple votes from the same user from different IP addresses or from different email addresses; fraudulent entries or votes (using a redirect link, a disguised link, a fraudulent link, etc.);
2. Technical malfunction of servers or internet connection;
3. User(s) recanting their own votes;
4. Technical or content upgrades that render votes incompatible or inconsistent;
5. Inappropriate conduct in promoting votes (spam, harassment, etc.);
6. The purchase or exchange of votes domestically or overseas;
7. Payment or other forms of compensation offered in exchange for votes; and
8. Use of third-party websites, online social networking tools, or similar devices primarily designed or intended to generate or trade votes.
Subject to verification,
Judging: Top four Finalists will be judged on April 20,
The LipSync Plus Winner will be decided by the judges in attendance at the Event at the conclusion of the Finalists’ performances. The winner will be announced at the end of the event on April 20, 2017.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor has the right to verify your eligibility and compliance with these Rules, and to disqualify you on the basis of its investigation.
You may not enter with multiple
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at any time (subject to
13. Publicity/Press Releases: Contest entrants may not issue press releases or other publicity in connection with their participation in the Contest.
14. Liability Provisions: Sponsor is not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to Submissions or other factors beyond its reasonable control.
You assume all risk of damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect or misdirected Submissions. Sponsor makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in connection with its ability to in any way enable, develop or market the idea set forth in your Submission.
Sponsor shall not be liable to a Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of the Prize becoming for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor unavailable or impracticable to award, or for any force majeure event, technical or equipment failure, terrorist acts, labor dispute, or act/omission of any kind (whether legal or illegal), transportation interruption, civil disturbance, or any other cause similar or dissimilar beyond the Sponsor’s control.
The Sponsor and their respective parents, employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, representatives, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, resellers, dealers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies (the “Released Parties”) shall not assume any responsibility whatsoever for any of the following: delayed, failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet, or other
connections; the availability, accessibility, technical failure or miscommunications of computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions; the incorrect or inaccurate capture or failure to capture information whether caused by Site or Site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network or otherwise arising out of or relating to the Contest; theft, loss, destruction or damage to a Submission in whole or in part; and other factors beyond their reasonable control. The Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to your or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Site or any Contest Site.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR ANY CONTEST SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS AND ADMINISTRATORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM YOU OR ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY YOU FROM THE CONTEST.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE RELEASED AND HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FOR ANY CLAIMS, LIABILITY, OR CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DISABILITY OR DEATH, AND DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE FROM THE DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. ANY AND ALL USE AS PROVIDED HEREIN OF YOUR SUBMISSION, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR ANY RELATED CONTEST IS AT YOUR OWN RISK WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE AND ANY CONTEST SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION.
15. Choice of Law: THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OFTENNESSEE WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. In connection with these Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to Shelby County, Tennessee Contestants waive any all rights they may have to collect damages or costs other than out-of-pocket expenses incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, and waive any and all rights to collect attorney’s fees in any action against the Sponsors.